In The Mix: Quarantini Happy Hour
Fitch & Leedes, the range of premium mixers, is shaking up your lockdown by adding some pizzazz with a series of blended quarantini mocktails to create your own special happy hour at home.
Beat the lockdown blues with these easy to follow virgin cocktails created in collaboration with Omniblend high performance blenders and food blogger and photographer, Nita West from Shutterbloggin.
The Classic Mojito
· 12 to 14 small mint leaves
· 30ml fresh lime juice
· 1 tbsp superfine sugar replace with simple syrup made from xylitol
· 120ml F&L Club Soda
Blend all the ingredients together and garnish with mint leaves and a wedge of lime. Serves 2.
Malibu Peach Lemonade Slushie
· 160g fresh peach / nectarines (peeled and frozen)
· 120g fresh pineapple (peeled and frozen)
· 350ml F&L Peach Lemonade
***Ice cubes (optional) Method: Blend all the fruit together and pour it into a glass. Top up with F&L Peach Lemonade ice cubes. For a slushie texture, add a few blocks of ice to the blender.
Cloudy Cucumber Gin Mocktail Ingredients:
· 1 large English cucumber
· strips of lime zest
· 2 tsps raw sugar – optional
· 2 lemon / lime wedges
· F&L Bitter Lemon
· 30ml fresh lime juice
***120ml gin (optional)
Method: Place a whole cucumber with half a bottle of dry lemon into the blender (peeling optional). Run it through a fine sieve and collect the juice in a glass with ice cubes, add in some freshly squeezed lime juice and a slice of lime. Top up with a F&L Bitter Lemon and garnish with lime zest and a cucumber slice.
Cranberry Cream Mocktail Ingredients:
· 100ml F&L Cheeky Cranberry
· 80ml apple juice/ puree
· 40ml lime juice
· 20ml cream of coconut
· 2 dashes grenadine Method: Fill the blender with ice cubes, add all ingredients and blend. Add the grenadine to the bottom of your glass and top with your Cranberry Cream.
***Homemade Grenadine recipe
· 500ml xylitol
· 250ml frozen berries
· 250ml water
Add all ingredients to a pot and boil for 10 minutes, allow it to cool before storing in the fridge.
Spicy Ginger Ice Tea Ingredients:
· 375ml honey & ginger tea (option to use any herbal blend)
· 250ml crushed frozen pineapple pieces
· 200ml F&L Ginger Ale
· lemon slice and a few frozen berries to garnish
· ice cubes
Method: Fill glass halfway with crushed ice (add a little F&L ginger ale to get your ice moving in your blender) Add ginger ale and tea to taste. Garnish with berries.
https://www.fitchleedes.co.za/order-online during and after the lockdown.
Get in the mix with @FitchLeedes on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.