In keeping with the move towards wellness and conscious consumerism, Woolworths is expanding its product line and launching a range of Conscious Confectionary. Mosadi takes a look at this new range of products and shares a recipe for a vegan-friendly salted caramel, coconut, and chocolate tart.
The new range includes four delicious new lines: Free from Dairy, Raw, No Added Sugar and Nut Butter Chocolate Slabs - snacking has never been this easy!
The Free from Dairy range is made from responsibly sourced cocoa and is, as the name states, entirely free from dairy, and suitable for vegans. Have the sweetest day trying each of the delicious variants: Classic Chocolate, Chocolate with Raspberries, and Chocolate with Salted Caramel.
Raw Nut Butter Cups are hand made in small batches, using sustainably sourced raw cacao, and filled with stoneground nut butter filling. Treat yourself to the Almond, Cashew Coconut, and Hazelnut nut butter cups.
Raw bars are sweetened with Yacon syrup, so you can indulge in the Goji Berry bar, Cacao bar and the Cacao Buckwheat bar, without being wary of artificial sweeteners.
Indulging need not be a guilty pleasure…the No Added Sugar range is sweetened with Steviol glycosides from the Steviol plant. Enjoy this delicious Belgian chocolate, made from responsibly sourced cocoa, in Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate with Berries, Dark Chocolate with Cocoa Nibs, and the Milk and White Chocolate Seashells Box.
The creamy Nut Butter slabs are completely vegan, and hand-made in small batches, using a unique process of stone grinding nuts into a smooth butter, and mixing it with coconut sugar and raw, responsibly sourced cocoa. Indulge in Cashew Coconut, Almond and Hazelnut Nut Butter slabs.
Create decadently different desserts, deliciously moreish cakes, and of course enjoy some conscious snacking, all while making more responsible food choices, without having to compromise on taste.
Salted Caramel, Coconut and Chocolate Tart (Vegan-friendly)
Created by Saadiyah Hendricks for Woolworths.
(Makes two mini-12.5cm tarts)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 x 85g @Woolworths_sa dairy-free chocolate slab, broken into blocks
- 1 x 85g @Woolworths_sa dairy-free Salted Caramel chocolate slab, broken into blocks
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients, mix thoroughly, and press into the pans. Using the back of a spoon, smooth and flatten, all the way up the sides too.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool while preparing the filling.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, bring the coconut cream and milk to the boil, then remove from heat
- Place both slabs of chocolate blocks into the hot cream milk mixture, add the vanilla and cornflour then whisk to fully combine and it reaches a silky chocolate consistency
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the prepared crusts and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, allowing it to set completely
- Once set, garnish as desired - I used fresh raspberries, chopped almonds, cocoa nibs and a drizzle of more @Woolworths_sa dairy free chocolate - it is guilt free after all :)
- Sit back and enjoy this ultimate guilt-free indulgence!
Shop this range at your nearest Woolworths store, or visit www.woolworths.co.za.